If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms when driving your vehicle, it may be time to replace your CV joints:
- Unnatural humming or clunking sounds coming from your vehicle when you are accelerating or decelerating with engine load
- A clicking noise that occurs when driving around corners
- A clicking noise when performing a sharp U-turn
- Noticeable vibrations felt in the cab of the car, especially while accelerating
- A burning smell (this can be caused by a CV Joint leaking grease onto exhaust or brake systems)
- A visible broken, displaced or cracked CV joint boot (you will be able to see this by simply looking under the vehicle, and at the CV joint with a flashlight)
If you are experiencing unnatural vibrations, clunks, clicks or any of the other symptoms outlined above, we highly recommend bringing your vehicle in for service as soon as possible since those indicators are a good sign your CV joints may already be damaged and on its way out to failure.